Preschool Screening Information 20/21
PFEC is funded by a grant from ISBE. Our program serves students ages 3-4. Students who are 4 or turn 3 on or before September 1, 2020 may sign up for fall screening. In order to be eligible for our program, your child MUST participate in screening.
Due to COVID 19, PFEC conducted remote screening in June of 2020. We asked that parents turn packets in by June 19, 2020. We received a very large amount of remote screeners. As of 7/30/20, we are still processing remote screening packets. We will be sending eligibility letters out Monday the 3rd of August and Tuesday the 4th of August. If eligible for PFEC, registration directions will be included in the mailing. Please keep your eyes open for your child's screening results.
If you missed our summer screening, you may get on our list for fall screening. This screening will take place in September. We will contact you via phone or letter once we have determined screening procedures and/or dates.
If you have any questions regarding eligibility or screening, please contact us at 309-477-4730. Thanks for your patience and understanding during this uncertain time.
Here are some things to know about screening:
- Children must be screened to be enrolled in District 108 Preschool Family Education Center (PFEC).
- A parent or legal guardian must be present to grant permission to conduct the screening.
- Children between the ages of 3 and 4 years old will be screened in the areas of motor, language, social and cognitive skills. Vision and hearing acuity will also be screened.
- Screenings are free. Screening will determine if a child is eligible for free preschool at PFEC in the 19/20 school year.
- Pleae call us at 309-477-4730 if you have questions about preschool screening for your child ages 3 to 4.