Insurance Benefit Information

  • Insurance Plans and Eligibility

    Pekin Public Schools District 108 offers all full-time employees the eligibility to enroll in the District's health and dental insurance plans.  Full time employees are those required to work 30 or more hours per week.

    You may also enroll your eligible dependents, your lawful spouse, and/or your dependent child(ren) under age 26 (age 30 if military) and/or your disabled adult dependent.

    The District offers two available health insurance plans, PPO-1 and PPO-2, and a dental insurance plan.  If you are enrolled in the District insurance, you will have a medical plan and the dental plan.  We do not offer just medical insurance or just dental insurance. 

     BCBS health and dental coverage became effective July 1, 2018.

    Comments (-1)
  • Open Enrollment

    Open Enrollment Month:  May 1 - 31, 2020

    Plan Coverage Year:  July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021

    Elections made at the time of open enrollment will remain in effect until the end of the next June. Any changes must wait until the next open enrollment period unless you have a "Qualifying Life Event."

    See the BCBS Open Enrollment Packet for plan information as well as information on BCBS wellness options and how to set up an account on Blue Access for Members.

    Comments (-1)
  • Qualifying Life Events


    The following events qualify our employees to make changes to their insurance elections:

    • Change in Status:  Marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment, or death

    • Change in Number of Dependents:  Birth, death, adoption/placement for adoption or dependent reaching limiting age

    • Change in Employment Status of Employee, Dependent, or Spouse that affects that individual's eligibility

    • Change in Employee, Spouse, or Dependent Coverage on Spouse's plan durint Spouse's Open Enrollment Period

    Comments (-1)
  • Insurance Rates

    Below are the rates for the insurance plans for each tier.  The employee rates have not changed for the 2020-2021 plan year. Click here to open the entire rate sheet with the full premium amounts and District portions.

    Combined Rates for Medical and Dental Coverage - Amounts per Check (Paid twice each month)

                                                                                          PPO-1                          PPO-2

    Employee Only                                                            $61.80                          $58.70

    Employee plus Spouse                                             $247.33                        $223.70

    Employee plus Child(ren)                                        $233.76                        $211.89

    Family                                                                         $326.70                        $310.29

    Comments (-1)

Voluntary Insurance Options

  • VSP Vision Insurance

    The District is now offering a voluntary vision insurance plan through VSP. You can now enroll yourself or your entire family for vision coverage. This plan is only availbe through open enrollment or with a qualifying life event.

    Rates per pay:

    Employee Only                          $2.97

    Employee plus Spouse             $4.74

    Employee plus Child(ren)         $4.84

    Family                                          $7.80

    Click here to see the benefit summary and click here to see the VSP Illinois Choice Plan Directory for eligible providers.

    Contact the Business Office or VSP at or 1-800-877-7195 with questions.


    Colonial Life - Supplemental Insurance

    Click here for your available voluntary insurance options.


Other Benefits

  • Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Accounts
    Administered by Group Plan Solutions (GPS)


    Click here to see more information.


    Vision Discount Programs

    Bard Optical's Preferred Provider Discount Vision Care Plan


    Acuity Advantage Elite Plan
    All About Eyes - 5116 N Big Hollow Rd Ste 103 - Peoria


  • Contact Caty Campbell, Payroll/Accounting Coordinator
    309-477-4744 ext 1025