PDA Classes This Winter/Spring - All Classes from 4:00 - 6:00 PM in Room 108 @ Washington School
- Tuesday, February 5, 2019 and Tuesday, March 19, 2018
- A Deeper Dive in to Responsive Classroom
- Erin Heilman and Jenny Heath
- A closer look at the Core Beliefs and Guiding Principles of Responsive Classroom in regards to social-emotional competencies and academic behaviors. We will spend time digging deeper into how Responsive Classroom influences academics and how it impacts your work with tricky students. If you attended a previous Responsive Classroom PDA class, or the 4-day Summer Institute, this class is for you!
- Thursday, January 10, 2019 and Thursday, March 14, 2019
- SMART Savvy
- Mary Jo Sarff
- Have you ever walked by another teacher’s classroom who is using their SMART BOARD in a fun and interactive way and thought to yourself I wish I knew how they developed, created, or found those tools? If the answer is yes, please join me as we cover the basics of SMART tools, places to find created lessons, and begin to investigate how to use your SMART BOARD as more than a presentation tool.
- Tuesday, January 15, 2019 and Tuesday, March 12, 2019
- Google Drive and Google Classroom
- Sherry Harding
- Are you interested in using Google Drive and Google Classroom with your students but aren’t sure where to start? In this class, we will learn about: • Creating Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, & Forms • Organizing your Google Drive • Sharing files through Google • Locating files shared with you • Using Google Classroom You will be given time to practice what you are learning and tips to make it fit your classroom. Come join us!
- Monday, February 11, 2019 and Monday, March 25, 2019
- Responsive Classroom for Junior High
- Traci Peters and Cara Green
- Just for junior high teachers! Responsive Advisory Meetings! Proactive discipline strategies and engaging academics! Come join us for two interactive sessions which will provide practical strategies to help you create a positive environment with a responsive approach to learning.
Welcome District Staff
What is available for checkout?
Breakout Boxes - we have 12 total. This resource includes access to fully developed activities tied to curriculum.
Robots and Coding Items - follow this link for a full listing of what we have (incudes descriptions)
Complete this form to access these resources - https://goo.gl/forms/tlD3bdT14AGBRLj82
INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY UPDATES
Louie's Lessons Learned - Louie's YouTube Channel of Tutorials
Check out our newest YouTube Channel. The first tutorial is on how to sync your iPhone to your district email and calendar.
Check out the newest updates to Google Classroom - https://il01905155.schoolwires.net/Page/93
We have also added a page related to Communication Tools. Check out these easy to use resources! https://il01905155.schoolwires.net/Page/1468
You can follow our D108Tech Twitter feed for updates on the Instructional Technology Page. @tech_d108
Full Color Posters
Full Color Posters are Now Available!
We have 2 sizes and 2 paper qualities to choose from:
- Medium Size – Heavyweight White Paper (approx 17 x 24) $3.00 each
- Regular/Large Size – Heavyweight White Paper (approx 24 x 34) $4.00 each
- Medium Size – Regular White Paper (approx 17 x 24) $2.00 each
- Regular/Large Size – Regular White Paper (approx. 24 x 34) $3.00 each
NEW ORDER FORM - Color Poster Order Form
These posters can be laminated once you have them printed.
Contact the Tech Center with questions.
Social Media in District 108
Like us on Facebook and follow announcements and events on your timelineWe have two Twitter feeds:Follow us for informative tweets!
Ongoing Grant Opportunities
|ALA Association for Library Service for Children Professional Service||http://www.ala.org//alsc/awardsgrants/profawards|
|Farrell Family Foundation Grants||http://www.farrellfamilyfoundation.com/|
|Lowe's Charitable and Educational Foundation Toolbox for Education Grants||http://www.toolboxforeducation.com/|
|Reiman Foundation Grants Accepts proposals any time for education-focused projects.||http://www.reimanfoundation.org/|
|Toshiba America Foundation Accepts grades 6 - 12 science and math teacher applications for grants of $5000 or less.||http://www.toshiba.com/taf/612.jsp|
grants with deadlines
|NEA Foundation Student Achievement Grants||http://www.neafoundation.org/pages/grants-to-educators/||Applications are due February 1, June 1, and October 15.|
|Thank America's Teachers Grant Program||https://www.thankamericasteachers.com/submit-a-proposal/||August 30|
|National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Grants||http://www.nctm.org/Grants/||November 6|
|Kids in Need Foundation||http://www.kinf.org/grants/||September 30|