Welcome District Staff
What is available for checkout?
Breakout Boxes - we have 12 total. This resource includes access to fully developed activities tied to curriculum.
Robots and Coding Items - follow this link for a full listing of what we have (incudes descriptions)
Complete this form to access these resources - https://goo.gl/forms/tlD3bdT14AGBRLj82
INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY UPDATES
Louie's Lessons Learned - Louie's YouTube Channel of Tutorials
Check out our newest YouTube Channel. The first tutorial is on how to sync your iPhone to your district email and calendar.
Check out the newest updates to Google Classroom - https://il01905155.schoolwires.net/Page/93
We have also added a page related to Communication Tools. Check out these easy to use resources! https://il01905155.schoolwires.net/Page/1468
You can follow our D108Tech Twitter feed for updates on the Instructional Technology Page. @tech_d108
PDA Classes This Fall - All Classes from 4:00 - 6:00 PM in Room 108 @ Washington School
- Tuesday, September 4, 2018 Tuesday, October 9, 2018
- Administering BAS
- Traci Peters
- Fountas and Pinnell's Benchmark Assessment System is an assessment system that includes a series of texts that can be used to identify a student's current reading level and progress along a gradient of text levels over time. This class will focus on the administration of the Benchmark Assessment System and how to use the information for differentiated instruction. We will practice the administration, analyze results, and have a great time!
- Tuesday, September 18.2018 Tuesday, October 23, 2018
- Teaching the Social Skills of Academic Interaction
- Sherry Harding
- "How many times have we told kids they have to listen to each other and treat each other kindly? Have you ever said at the end of the year, ‘I hope I get a group that works together better next year?’ Collaboration and cooperation do not emerge magically. We must teach kids the social strategies of collaborative behavior." This practical class will give you specific lessons to help teach and train your students to be able to work together productively. Text: Harvey Daniels & Nancy Steineke (20
- Monday, October 29, 2018 Monday, November 26, 2018
- Managing Curriculum, Planning, and Instruction
- Stacey Melloy
- Wondering about how Curriculum, Planning, and Instruction works? This class will investigate how the D108 Units of Study are organized, how to plan daily instruction using them, and how to use best practices in instruction. Additionally, we will explore resources that will support your planning and instruction. Join us for great information and lots of collaboration!
- Thursday, October 4, 2018 Thursday, November 1, 2018
- Introduction to Responsive Classroom
- The Jefferson Team
- Busy this summer and couldn’t make it to the Responsive Classroom Training? Please join the Jefferson Staff for an Introduction to the Responsive Classroom approach. We will focus on engaging academics where students develop strong social skills, too. The Responsive Classroom Approach was developed by a group of public school educators who had a vision of bringing together social and academic learning throughout the school day. During this time you will learn about some of the core practices:
Full Color Posters
Full Color Posters are Now Available!
We have 2 sizes and 2 paper qualities to choose from:
- Medium Size – Heavyweight White Paper (approx 17 x 24) $3.00 each
- Regular/Large Size – Heavyweight White Paper (approx 24 x 34) $4.00 each
- Medium Size – Regular White Paper (approx 17 x 24) $2.00 each
- Regular/Large Size – Regular White Paper (approx. 24 x 34) $3.00 each
NEW ORDER FORM - Color Poster Order Form
These posters can be laminated once you have them printed.
Contact the Tech Center with questions.
Social Media in District 108
Like us on Facebook and follow announcements and events on your timelineWe have two Twitter feeds:Follow us for informative tweets!
Ongoing Grant Opportunities
|ALA Association for Library Service for Children Professional Service||http://www.ala.org//alsc/awardsgrants/profawards|
|Farrell Family Foundation Grants||http://www.farrellfamilyfoundation.com/|
|Lowe's Charitable and Educational Foundation Toolbox for Education Grants||http://www.toolboxforeducation.com/|
|Reiman Foundation Grants Accepts proposals any time for education-focused projects.||http://www.reimanfoundation.org/|
|Toshiba America Foundation Accepts grades 6 - 12 science and math teacher applications for grants of $5000 or less.||http://www.toshiba.com/taf/612.jsp|
grants with deadlines
|NEA Foundation Student Achievement Grants||http://www.neafoundation.org/pages/grants-to-educators/||Applications are due February 1, June 1, and October 15.|
|Thank America's Teachers Grant Program||https://www.thankamericasteachers.com/submit-a-proposal/||August 30|
|National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Grants||http://www.nctm.org/Grants/||November 6|
|Kids in Need Foundation||http://www.kinf.org/grants/||September 30|