Preschool Family Education Center
Welcome to the Preschool Family Education Center (PFEC)! Your child’s classroom is funded by the Illinois State Board of Education’s Preschool For All (PFA) grant. Thanks to the grant, we are able to support families while providing a research-based program that focuses on child development in the following areas: social, emotional, physical and mental.
Parental involvement is an essential part of our school. More importantly, it is a key factor in your child’s academic success in preschool as well as the years to come. As a result, I encourage parents and families to participate in our school by attending family events, volunteering, sharing ideas and more. Together, we will create an environment where children feel supported and are able to grow through discovery, inquiry and exploration.
I am so excited to have you and your child as a part of our school this year. Enjoy your child as he/she begins his/her first years of school. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Follow us on TWITTER!!!
If you have a TWITTER account, follow us here: Preschool Family Education Center Twitter Page
Preschool Fall Screening
- Preschool Family Education Center will conduct developmental screenings, for the 19/20 school year, to determine program eligibility for children ages 3 to 4 years old. Screening dates for fall of 2019 will be announced at the beginning of the 19/20 school year.
Here are some things to know about screening:
- Children must be screened to be enrolled in District 108 Preschool Family Education Center (PFEC).
- A parent or legal guardian must be present to grant permission to conduct the screening.
- Children between the ages of 3 and 4 years old will be screened in the areas of motor, language, social and cognitive skills. Vision and hearing acuity will also be screened.
- Screenings are free. Screening will determine if a child is eligible for free preschool at PFEC in the 19/20 school year.
AM Arrival 8:40 Dismissal 11:25
PM Arrival 12:40 Dismissal 3:25
Car Riders & Walkers
Getting to School
- Please be ready and here at the school by 8:40 a.m. for morning classes or 12:40 p.m. for the afternoon classes.
- Cars will park on the East Side, in the parking lot by the front of the building. (There are white concrete car abutments there to park by). Do NOT park in the grass.
- NO cars will be allowed in the back of the school during drop off times due to busing and child safety.
- Please park your car up front, bring your child to the front doors and supervisors will be there to take your child to class. Please hold your child's hand for safety as other cars will be coming and going.
- Drop Off Times
- Morning (A.M.) drop off time 8:40 am.
- Afternoon (P.M.) drop off time 12:40 am.
- Please park your car up front, come to the gym entrance doors and supervisors will be there to release your child to you. To cut down on traffic in hallways we ask you wait in the door area (vestibule) until supervisors arrive to release your child directly to you.
- Please hold your child's hand for safety as other cars will be coming and going.
- Please be ready and here at the school by 11:20 for morning a.m. classes or 3:20 p.m. for afternoon p.m. classes.
- Cars will park on the East Side, in the parking lot by the front of the building. Do NOT park in the grass.
- NO cars will be allowed in the back of the school during pick up times due to busing and child safety.
- Pick Up Times
- Morning (A.M.) pick up time is 11:25.
- Afternoon (P.M.) pick up time is 3:25.
- We do not have aftercare services so it is important you pick up your child on time.
All Aboard for the BUS
- Please be outside to place your child on the bus 5 minutes before the bus pulls up. Our buses can be ticketed for unnecessary delays so they can't wait longer than 40 seconds.
- If your child will not be riding the bus for the day, Please put your "No Bus" sign in the window.
- Bus times will vary throughout the school year due to circumstances beyond the bus driver's control (Ex. changes in bus route, traffic, weather, substitute drivers, etc.) We will try to be as consistent as possible, but we will not be able to be at your bus stop at the exact time every day. The first few weeks are the most difficult so please be patient until we get into a more typical pattern.
- Bus Safety Rules:
- Children (& parents) need to be safely sitting in the bus seats at all times.
- No eating, drinking, or chewing gum, and no toys on the bus.
- Hands are for helping not hurting.
- Use I CARE Language.
- No open food or drink containers on the bus.
- Arriving Home
- AM students ae dismissed at 11:25
- PM students are dismissed at 3:25
- It is your responsibility to be there when your child arrives home. Please be outside and ready to get your child off the bus at least 5 minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive home. We do not have aftercare services. When you are not at home it is very upsetting to your child.
- If you have missed getting your child off the bus, call the preschool immediately. Some arrangements will have to be made for transportation for your child.