Conclusion of 19/20 School Year
PFEC Preschool Screening
The Preschool Family Education Center (PFEC) is now taking appointments for preschool screening! PFEC is funded by a grant from ISBE. Our program is free for eligible students ages 3 & 4. All students MUST participate in our screening to be considered for eligibility.
PFEC spring screening will be in-person on the following dates: May 4, 5, 6 & May 18, 19, & 20. In order to participate in our screening, your child must be 3 at the time of screening or 4 on or before September 1st, 2021. If interested in getting your child screened, please contact us, at 309-477-4730, to schedule an appointment. Screening results and eligibility for fall of 2021 will be mailed after the completion of all May screening dates.
If you have any questions regarding eligibility or screening, please contact PFEC at 309-477-4730. Thank you!
Bus Schedule Directions
- Parents may locate their child’s bus schedule on the “Versatrans Bus Stop” app. This app can be downloaded on your android, iPad, or iPhone.
- Parents will then need to get their username and password for the “Versatrans Bus Stop” app on “Skyward Family Access”.
- Login to Skyward Family Access.
- Select “portfolios”under your child’s account.
- Select “my stop” under portfolios.
- Write down your username and password. You will use this to login to the “Versatrans Bus Stop” app. Now go back to the app, select “Pekin Municipal Bus” and login. The bus route is under your child’s name.
PFEC's New Schedule
PFEC is offering "in-person" or remote learning this fall.
"In-Person" will attend daily in either AM or PM. Our new schedule for "in-person" is as follows:
AM 8:40 am to 11:10 am
(Walkers will dismiss at 11:00 am.)
PM 12:40 pm to 3:10 pm
(Walkers will dismiss at 3:00 pm.)
Students will need to wear masks while at school. If your child forgets his/her mask or does not have one, we will have extra on hand.
Please be sure your child has a full size backpack to bring back and forth to school.
Please keep a change of clothes in the backpack in case your child has an accident.
Send diapers and/or pull-ups if needed.
As water fountains will be closed for safety reasons, please send a bottle of water to school with your child daily. Additional water will be available if water is forgotten or the family is unable to send water daily.