About Our School

The original Jefferson School was built in 1905. It was erected where the current playground is. The current Jefferson School was built in 1976. Students first inhabited the building after the 1975 Christmas vacation.

Jefferson currently houses 4 sections of each grade and a total of 370 students. Our mascot is Hawks which stands for Honesty, Attitude, Welcoming, Kindness and Safety. Our staff is currently working on deepening students’ number sense through classroom discussions and authentic number problems. We use a workshop approach in reading writing and mathematics instruction in order to meet the needs of each individual student. Resources we are using to hone our instruction are Units of Study in Writing and various resources from Math Solutions.