McKinney Vento Act - Homeless Education

If you:

  • Live in a shelter or motel

  • Share housing with relatives because you lost your housing

  • Live in a campground, car, old building or other temporary shelter

  • Don't have a permanent address

You have a right to:

  • Enroll your child in school immediately even without school or medical records

  • Get help from the district liaison with immunizations and/or medical records

  • Choose your child's old school or closest to where you are living now

  • Get transportation to school for your child

  • Dispute enrollment or transportation decisions

  • Participate in your child's education

For help call Shana - 309-241-6001

Additional Resources:

Homeless Dispute Resolution Procedures

Pekin Housing Authority

United Way Assistance

United Way Food Pantries Page 1

United Way Food Pantries Page 2

United Way Free Meals

Pekin Public Schools District 108 Homeless Education Liaison
Shana Stewart - 309-241-6001