Parent Information

How to Make a Referral for Special Education Evaluation

How to make a request, or referral, for special education evaluation

  1. A parent of a child or an employee of a State Educational or other agency, a local educational agency, or a community service agency may make a request.

  2. The person making the request must contact the Special Education Liaison serving the child's school.  The name of the Liaison can be found under Staff Listing on the Special Education homepage.

  3. The person making the request must provide the child's name, their relationship to the child, and the specific concern.

  4. The Liaison will commit the request to writing and submit it to the District 108 Special Education Office.

  5. The parent will be provided with notice of their Procedural Safeguards when follow-up contact is made by the district school social worker, school psychologist, or special education liaison.

Preschool Screening Pekin District 108 conducts an annual screening of children under the age of five for purposes of identifying those children who may need special education and related services. Contact the Pekin Family Education Center (PFEC) at 477-4730 for more information about screening dates. Pekin District 108 also conducts an annual spring kindergarten screening for children who will begin kindergarten the following fall.  Contact the school where your child will attend kindergarten for more information.