Carle Health In School Health

Carle Health In-School Health is a joint venture with Carle Health and Pekin Public School District 108 to provide healthcare services to all District 108 students.

Our goal is to keep students healthy, safe, and ready to learn.


A parent/guardian must present proof of their child's physical examinations and immunizations as required by the State of Illinois and the school district. Examinations and required immunizations must be conducted within one year prior to the date of entry. Failure to comply with state requirements will result in the student's exclusion from school until the required health documentation is submitted. 

Important Information

Why the Program is Offered

To improve the health of all District 108 students.
To ensure students are compliant with physical, dental, and immunization requirements.
To assist parents in finding health care providers for themselves and their family.
To keep students healthy and ready to learn.

Our Services

  • Assessment of minor injuries and illness of students while at school.

  • Administer medications or treatments with proper physician and parental authorization (see handbook for specific rules regarding administering medication).

  • Monitor student's medical records to ensure compliance with Illinois State Board of Education requirements.

  • Management and care of chronic illnesses such as asthma, diabetes, seizures, etc.

Services We Do Not Offer

  • We cannot diagnose any conditions, diseases or infections.

  • We cannot treat any condition without specific parent and physician written permission.

  • We cannot provide any counseling or mental health services.

  • We cannot tell if your child's bone is broken.

  • We cannot give your child any medication without a medication permit signed by your child's physician.

To the Parents of Students with Medications at School

This is a reminder that all medications must be picked up by an adult before the end of the school year. We are not able to send left over prescription medications home with students. The only thing we can send home with a student are asthma related medications.  We can send home OTC meds, such as Tylenol and Ibuprofen IF we have permission from the parent/guardian.

Any medications not picked up will be disposed of per protocol.

Please contact the health center if you have any questions or to make arrangements for pick up.